In our lobby:
- All chair seats have been re-covered in vinyl material, so that they can be fully disinfected.
- All books and toys have been removed from our lobby at this time.
- Due to social distancing and the space in our lobby, we are asking that parents with students under the age of 10, drop their student off and remain in their cars until dismissal. We value allowing our dance families to be able to watch their dancer's class so we will be live streaming those classes where families are unable to watch from our lobby. The live stream will be on our private Facebook group page. The group page can be found on Facebook under "Southern Grace Dance Company Group." This is a private group, so you must request to be a part of it by going on the page and clicking join. *If you have a young child please be sure to watch class via the live stream so that you are aware when class is concluding and are prepared to meet your dancer at the door. We also ask this in the case that your child needs help using the restroom. We will call out for those parents if they are needed.
In the classroom:
- Dancer's hands will be sanitized upon entering the classroom.
- As social distancing continues, dancers will be spaced 6 feet apart, and required to be on one of the spots marked on the dance floor. (For your peace of mind we will be sending out an image and explanation in the coming days as to how this social distancing will work in our classroom).
- At this time, our staff will do their best to keep all instruction verbal. Hands on instruction will be used at a minimum and only if absolutely necessary for a student's safety,
- Props and ballet barre's will be properly disinfected between each use
- At this time we will also no longer be handing out treats or stamps at the end of class.
- We love our dancers and giving high fives and hugs, and hope to again one day, but for now will be restricting hello's and goodbyes to hand waves.
- All classes will be concluded approximately 5 minutes early so that the classroom can be disinfected between each class.
*As always, if your child is sick please keep them home. Students who are unable to attend class can watch and follow along from home using the live stream.